Monday, April 11, 2011

A Memory to Moms Everywhere.....

Mom
So its not mother's day 
but it is my 
MOTHERS BIRTHDAY! :)
She is 4* (i'll keep the last number a secret!)
But today is a day of mixed emotions.
Today on April 11 40 some odd years ago
my mother was born to my grandparents Lloyd and Catherine.
Their first child. 
I guess thats one connection me and my mom had 
were the first born. 
But I just want to publicly tell my mom how much 
that I love her and respect her.
Me and my mom could not be more opposite
but at the end of the day
I love her. 
She is one of the strongest women I know.
She is a spiritual giant. 
She is so forgiving and caring. 
She is an excellent mother and friend. 
I am so grateful she's my mom!

Though its a happy day and the sun is shining 
it is also a bitter sweet day.
Besides the fact that I am not home to celebrate 
with my mom, my roommate Arielle lost her mother
yesterday to Cancer.
I did not personally know her but 
I could not imagine the loss of a mother.
Arielle is so strong.
And I know her mother is looking down smiling on her.

So as I celebrate this day with my mother
I also remember the loss of a mother. 

So in honor of all mothers but especially Arielle's mother
I put " I Hope You Dance" by Leann Womack 
Rest in Peace
Cindy Simpson




1 comment:

  1. Rough. Happy Birthday to your mom I hope it was way good. Also, I'll keep Arielle in my prayers. I can't imagine the loss of my m other either. She is my best friend :(

    ♥ xoxo.

    ReplyDelete